Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Trip to the Card Shop

Last weekend I went to the local card shop looking to eliminate some cards from my want lists. They have tons of 10 cent commons so Steve, from The Easy Life, and I spent 5 hours going through boxes of cards. I left with just under 800 cards from my lists. Got a lot closer on a lot of sets. I am now only a few away on the 2006 & 2007 Topps sets. I'm so close I can taste it. Anyway, as I was going through the boxes I came across a set that I fell in love with. 1995 Studio. Here's a front and back view for those of you who are not familiar with the set.



I love the look. I love the way they look just like credit cards right down to the last detail. I was able to find 30 cards from this 200 card set. After very little deliberation I knew I had to have them. It went something like this.

(Joe) Wow. I really like these cards. Maybe I should grab them. I don't know, I'm just trying to buy cards I need right now.

(Steve) Oh just get them, you know you want to.

(Joe) OK

And that was that. However after getting them home and looking online it is very hard to locate boxes of these cards. Thats where you all come in. (Hopefully) I've added a new want list for this set up and I'm asking for your help to finish it.

I don't know what it is with me. I seem to have a thing for weird cards. I love this set because of their interesting look. I love the A & G sets for their non-baseball cards. I mean c'mon who doesn't want a baseball card thats an electron ala 09 A & G. That just makes me laugh. And for some reason I have to have them.

This has given me an idea. All of the blogs I read on here have their own quirk when it comes to cards they collect. Whether it be their favorite team ala White Sox Cards, A Giant Blog, or Thoughts & Sox or Night Owl who loves collecting great cards taken at night. Well I have a request. I want to start collecting weird cards. Cards that have a unique look, have players doing weird or funny things or baseball cards that have absolutely nothing to do with baseball.

If you know any full sets I should check out let me know. Or if you have some cards that you think I would appreciate please let me know. Your assistance is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment