Sunday, August 2, 2009

2009 Allen & Ginter

I started collecting cards again last year. I hadn't even seen a baseball card before that since I was probably 12 or 13, so needless to say I didn't know anything about the sets that we're coming out. When I saw the A&G set last year I immediately wanted to collect them. I just love the old time look and I love the fact that they are great for signatures. In fact check back tomorrow for one I recently got back. This year though I had to limit myself. Last year I started collecting Topps, Heritage, A&G, and Goudey (none of which are finished, check out my want lists if you can help) and it really stretched my wallet. So I decided this year I would just do Topps, because I will always be a Topps guy, Heritage because I like the way they look and The Goodwin's when they come out because they look phenominal. As much as I love A&G, I figured the past two years they looked the same so they would this year too. But I was wrong. I loved the new set, but still, I said no, I had to limit myself.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) for me I went to my local card shop last week for another box of Heritage only to find out they didn't have any. At this point with cards on the brain what was I to do. You guessed it, I bought a box of A&G and of course just like last year I love them and I have to get not only the whole set but the whole set of mini's. I think one of the things I love most about the set are the non-baseball cards. I mean what other set can you say, "Damn-it, I just need that electron card and I'll have a complete set!" How classic is that?

Plus how can you go wrong buying a box with a guaranteed 3 inserts? Check out my pulls:



As great as the Phil Hughes card is (cough) Screw the Yankees (cough) my favorite is the Todd Helton. Because, believe it or not, it is actually my first game used with a stripe. I have plenty of game used but thats my first 2 color. But it doesn't stop there check out this great Matt Laporta mini.


Woo-hoo, hand numbered!!!! As of right now I have 0 doubles for this set because so far I have only bought one box and I am unfortunately very poor at the moment but in the (hopefully) near future I will have more and add them to my doubles list. Any help with this set will be greatly appreciated. I have been checking other want lists and found some stuff that I have for the rest of you so expect some emails soon. In the mean-time please check my lists which I continually update, I need all the help I can get.



No comments:

Post a Comment