Sunday, July 26, 2009

WWE Night of Champions

Well I did much better with my TNA predictions than I did on UFC. I finished 8 out of 9. Lets see how I do with their counterpart the WWE. I have been a WWE fan since I was 10 so its been quite some time now but boy does the show suck now. Unfortunately it has been part of my life for so long I just suck it up and deal with it. Here's a run down for tonight's card along with my predictions. Also after the show tonight I will have the results this time, I promise.

WWE Woman's Championship

Michelle McCool (c) vs. Melina

Neither one of these women are very talented. But then again WWE doesn't really have many good female wrestlers. Mostly just eye candy. McCool is learning and does have potential though. The company seems to like her a lot to. I'm sure dating the Undertaker helps too.

Prediction: Michelle McCool

WWE Divas Championship

Maryse (c) vs Mickie James

Mickie is the best female wrestler on the roster, hands down. Unfortunately the company doesn't see her that way. They would rather have the belt on a bleach blonde Barbie look-a-like like Maryse, even though she has little, if any, in ring talent. Mickie should win but won't.

Prediction: Maryse

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship

Chris Jericho & ??? (c) vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr

Edge should've been Jericho's partner, however due to possibly career ending Achilles tear, he is out of both this match and wrestling for quite some time. So Jericho will have a mystery partner. The question is who. Personally I really want Christian for the match but he has his own match tonight so that is unlikely. Stranger things have certainly happened but it's not likely. If I had to guess, something tells me it will be The Miz. Jericho is my favorite wrestler and has been for years so you would think I would be siding with him on this but I'm not. The plans we're to have Edge turn on Jericho and go face, therefore I believe they weren't gonna be holding those belts long anyway. With him not even in the match anymore there is no reason to keep the belts on them. Plus for some reason Vinnie Mac is pushing the crap out of Rhodes and Dibiase. I think Dibiase has potential but if Cody's daddy wasn't the American Dream Dusty Rhodes, he would have never even got a second glance.

Prediction: Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase

WWE United States Championship - Six-Pack Challenge

Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger vs. The Miz

There is a lot of talent in this match. What bothers me the most is, the person I think will win, is the least talented of the bunch. Kofi is a great high flyer and the fans love him. He will never hold the World Title but has a great career ahead of him. The Big Show is one of the most under-rated wrestlers ever. Used properly he could have been bigger than Andre, and I do mean that but Vince blew it with him. MVP is finally getting over with the fans. He is a very talented guy who is making the most of his second chance in life. Carlito is not only a great wrestler but is very charismatic. Another guy that if pushed the right way could be huge but is unfortunately forced by the company into mediocrity. Who would've ever thought the Miz had it in him. He can actually wrestle. I'm shocked. And he's really good at drawing heat. So I've just made great arguments for all 5 of these men, the problem is Vince McMahon loves Jack Swagger. The guy is horrible. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he doesn't have potential but he still has a lot to learn. He's still a kid and he's already a former World Champion, it's ridiculous. What happened to when you earned titles and they weren't given to you just to get over?

Prediction: Jack Swagger

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Rey Mysterio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

It pains me to even say that. Dolph Ziggler???? Really? The scary part is, with Mysterio having contract disputes and Jeff Hardy taking time off soon, they have to give the belt to Ziggler to try and create more talent for the talent starved Smackdown show. I repeat.....What happened to when you earned titles and they weren't given to you just to get over?

Prediction: Dolph Ziggler

ECW Championship

Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian

First and foremost, ECW SUCKS!!!! Ahhh I feel so much better. Vince took a great company and great memories from my childhood and wiped his ass with it. I am happy that Dreamer holds the belt though, he's the only ECW Original left. But as a peep i gotta go with Christian. This isn't really a prediction more like a wish

Prediction/Hope: Captain Charisma Christian

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

CM Punk (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

In case you are not aware. Jeff Hardy's contract is just about up and he is taking some time off when it does and I can't say I blame him. Another Vince screw up. Hardy could've been the next Shawn Michaels. Thanks again Vinnie Mac you scared another one away, just like RVD

Prediction: CM Punk

WWE Title

Randy Orton (c) vs Triple H vs. John Cena

Personally I think they should keep the belt on Randy Orton to help his push. He is way over right now and is the best heel I've seen in quite some time. Take that Triple H. You wish you had half Orton's talent. Oh wait that's right you don't need it, you married the bosses daughter.

Prediction: Triple H

Check back later for the results and feel free to tell me what you think. Also check out my want lists. I finished off the 80's and got started on the 90's today.

No comments:

Post a Comment