Saturday, July 18, 2009

TNA Wrestling: Victory Road 2009, Previews and Predictions

This Sunday, July 19, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling presents "Victory Road" live and exclusively on Pay-Per-View!

The epic event will be available on InDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Viewer's Choice and more!

Please enjoy the preview below:




Here is a full match breakdown, along with my predictions:


The "Blueprint" Matt Morgan vs Daniels

I see the Main Event Mafia sweeping this Pay Per View. I think they will win all of their matches. Not necessarily something I want but I believe this is the way they will go. And even though Morgan is not in the Mafia, his gimmick right now is that he wants to be so i see him taking the match.

Prediction: The "Blueprint" Matt Morgan


"The Monster" Abyss vs. Dr. Stevie

With Raven no longer with the company and this feud starting to run its course I see Abyss taking it to Dr. Stevie. As a matter of fact I see this as a squash match for Abyss all the way. However this is a normal match and Abyss will take it to the extreme which I believe will cost him this match and lead to a no DQ match next month.

Prediction: Dr. Stevie by DQ


Sharmell vs. Jenna Morasca

This will be the bathroom break match. I mean really, does anybody care? I'm really surprised that a company that prides themselves on their wrestling would even put this match on a PPV

Prediction: Everyone goes to get popcorn because they don't care!



New Japan Tag Team Championship: Team 3D vs. The British Invasion

This one should be easy to call. I don't believe New Japan Wrestling will have their Tag Champs lose their belts for another companies PPV. Team 3D keeps the belts. The 22-time tag champs, and arguably the best tag team of all time retain.

Prediction: Team 3D


TNA KNOCKOUT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Tara vs. Angelina Love

Tara just won the title 2 weeks ago on TNA Impact on Spike. I don't see them pulling the belt off of her that quick. Doesn't make much sense. Then again I have seen crazier things. These two women are so hot!

Prediction: Tara


TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Main Event Mafia's Scott Steiner & Booker T vs. champions Beer Money, Inc.

Again I believe the Mafia will win all their matches tonight so I am going with the team of Booker and Steiner. I don't think they hyped them tagging together up enough. Booker, formally of Harlem Heat, and Steiner, formally of the Steiner Bros., are two of the best tag teams ever. The two of them tagging together is a big thing. I'm not even sure how many Tag Titles they've held. Dropped the ball a bit there. Beer Money is the tag team of the future, as long as they don't break up anytime soon. This should be a great match.

Prediction: Scott Steiner and Booker T


TNA LEGENDS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
The Main Event Mafia's Kevin Nash vs. champion "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

I'm torn about this match. I'm giving it to Nash but AJ is by far the better wrestler. AJ is far better than Nash was even in his prime. But I have some issues with the match. As great as AJ is, he's still relatively a kid and therefore should never have been given the "Legends" belt to begin with. Nash has had so many knee surgeries at this point he can barely walk. I have no idea how he'll be able to keep up with AJ. As Good Ol' JR would say, "This match will be bowling shoe ugly."

Prediction: Kevin Nash


SAMOA JOE'S MYSTERY ADVISOR WILL BE REVEALED
Samoa Joe vs. "The Icon" Sting

With the way they have been pushing this feud Joe has to win. And anyone who doesn't know that Taz is Joe's advisor is an idiot. They show the orange and black, show his #13, show his FTW signs but then pretend to not know who it is? Really? After the match Taz and Joe will beat the crap out of Sting. Who, if anyone, will make the save?

Prediction: Samoa Joe


TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Mick Foley vs. champion Kurt Angle, leader of The Main Event Mafia

The Hardcore Icon vs. The Olympic Gold Medalist. I miss the Foley of old. I understand he cant do all the crazy stuff he used to but I love hardcore Foley. I pray Foley has one more "extreme" match in him. I want to see him and Abyss go at it. Foley will come close but Angle will take it and the Mafia will leave Victory Road with all the gold (minus the Knockouts Title)

Prediction: Kurt Angle


Check back after the show for the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment